Thursday, February 14, 2008

Clifford the Big Red Dog






Clifford had his 50th birthday. Our library hosted an event and many children showed up. There was music, stories, a couple crafts, pictures with Clifford, cake, punch, and puppy chow. While we were there, we checked out a bunch of books and helped a little bit in getting the library back to "normal." Here is a picture of the cake in the shape of a bone (and we even got to bring some leftovers home.) This little girl kept putting her head in front of Emily while she was cutting so Emily was cutting up in the air most of the time. I thought that was considerate of her. :) Lastly, I put a picture of our wonderful librarian (in red) and her best assistant. The librarian is so helpful and always is willing to go the extra mile for me. She says I'm her best patron for checking out books, but I think I've been failing lately. I haven't been in town much except for evenings and Sundays before they're open.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Wow, she's still working there! Was Barb her name? I love that library.

All in a Day said...

Yes, she is! The library has gotten better and better over the years with her help.

Abbi said...

Librarys are so nice. We have some very sweet librarians here as well. I think they must remember those of us that check out tons of books.

jessicalolene said...

I remember working there for Barb when the library first put in the bar code system on the books. Dad and I worked many hours putting the books away on the right shelves and in alphabetical order. She still looks the same after 16 plus years!

Minkydo said...

I miss the library there. We don't have one here in this tiny town. I don't like the closest one so we don't go :(

All in a Day said...

We wouldn't survive without our library. I'm so glad we have a good one.