Monday, June 22, 2009

Garden

Here's my garden box and the strawberries. Hooray, they're growing!!! Am I supposed to pluck the flowers off the strawberries since it's the first year or just let them go and enjoy? I noticed in the other garden that the lettuce and radishes are coming up but that's it so far. It was planted 1 1/2 weeks after the box so I'll give it more time. I also don't remember exactly where I planted stuff as it was rainy and I didn't want to get a paper wet and muddy trying to write it down. :)

2 comments:

Abbi said...

You are a supposed to pick off the flowers but that is pretty hard to do! I did it except for a couple the first year for ours and then the next year the chipmunks got them all. This year we are battling the chipmunks and we picked our first berry today.

All in a Day said...

I don't think I can bear to do it. :) They are second-year plants, if I understood correctly--just first year for me. I'm sure the animals will get them since I don't have them inside the fence though. :(