Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Blanket


I went around and around trying to think of what to give my husband's grandma for a Christmas gift. She went into the nursing home last year and has quickly gone downhill. She also has a hard time seeing. I decided to make this blanket so did that while I should have been in bed last night and this morning (I should be in bed right now; my husband leaves for work in 1 1/2 hours!) Later this morning I'll decorate the pink side with the kids' hand prints and names and a Bible verse for her. I'm going to use the puff paint so she should be able to feel it. It's just a small lap blanket but the love that is put into it by the kids and me is what counts. We used to give her stamps and a certificate to a restaurant as a gift so she didn't have any "clutter" around. So...I'm turning tables this year and am giving a tangible gift instead of a clutter-free gift. I also want the children to sing songs for her and say some Bible verses (and possibly play instruments if we are able to bring them down.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your web site while looking at Abby's. I love it! I hate not keeping up with people but I hate writing letters! Check my blog: daleandlindasplace.blogspot.com
I don't write as often as you. There are also links to the kids sites.
Linda

All in a Day said...

I've been to your blog and to your childrens' blogs. Jeanne keeps trying to get me to do Facebook, but I'm not quite ready for that yet. Life is busy but full and good. :) I'll have to post a picture of the other side of the blanket now that it's done.