Monday, July 6, 2009

Another Day

Wow, the weekend flew quickly by! We had fun in Warroad and spent around 12 hours there for the 4th of July. The kids signed up for the nickle registration and got ice cream cones, we did the races (all of us who were in the 3-legged race placed either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd!) and bought some cotton candy with our winnings, attended the paper plate drop (and came home with 6--could have been 8, but Someone was nice and shared two,) attended the parade, Mike ate eight different types of chili at the chili cook-off, and then we waited around for the fireworks. There was a lighted boat parade, but Tracy said there were only three boats (I only saw one.)

Today the kids and I went to town and mowed at the church building, went to the outdoor pool (and got POURED on,) went to the library, and did a couple other errands. We barely beat Mike home from work, and then I made some steak and mashed potatoes for supper. I can't remember the last time we had potatoes!!! I'm sure we have more in Bemidji at a friend's house, but it wasn't worth the drive down. :)

Tomorrow Tracy has a violin lesson, and then I'm not sure what we'll do. A few of the kids have been doing some "summer school" stuff.

That's it; I need to see if I can get Laura to sleep. She likes to stay up late and sleep late in the morning.

No comments: