10. ...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11. I am the Good Shepherd: the Good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.
12. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14. I am the Good Shepherd, and know My sheep, and am known of Mine.
15. As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down My life for the sheep.
16. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear My voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17. Therefore doth My Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again.
18. No man taketh it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of My Father.