Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Culprit

One of the van's tires kept going flat so I took it in today. I determined I'd rather be stranded at home than on the road between here and Duluth. Below is the picture--just a tiny thing and ever-so-thin but a problem nonetheless. It reminded me of some verses in James.

James 3:5-10
1. Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles!
6. And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.
7. For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind.
8. But no man cane tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9. With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God.
10. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.

I personally have problems with this. Too often I say things before I think and end up hurting someone.

No comments: