Monday, August 17, 2009

School

School starts today at our house. I posted a trial schedule on the wall and got various disgusted comments and complaints. I didn't think it was too bad, especially since I'm going very easy for the next few months. For Jason and Emily, all I'm doing is Bible, math, and language arts. Aaron has spelling, history, language, and math. We'll put on the steam when the new year rolls around to get the other subjects caught up.

Soccer starts tonight as well. I'll have to get my act together and have a snack ready for when we come home. I'm planning to stay at the field for a bit and then take the three little girls to the pool. The indoor pool opens today--Hooray!

Saturday the older three girls and I went to Bemidji to a funeral. We stopped at Wal-Mart and got Mike a pair of shoes and some gas and then went to Putt 'n Go. They went down the waterslide with some money they made picking blueberries for a friend. (The boys went to Valleyfair in June.) It started raining while we were there, and I joked that I should have just gone down the slide for as wet as I got. I think that was one of the coldest rides home I've had for a while. My mom offered me a sweater, but it was tight and long-sleeved. I would have "died" I think.

Yesterday Mike wanted to go out blueberry picking, but it rained and rained and rained. Around 6, the sun came out, but by then it was too late. A friend is planning to come Tuesday evening to pick so we'll see how that turns out.

No comments: