Sunday, June 5, 2011

Miscellaneous Happenings

We have a mowing job for the summer. It is a big yard and takes over three hours with the two riders and a push mower going. There is a tire swing in the yard the girls enjoy swinging on, and the lady let the girls pick her tulips this spring, much to their delight. I also am able to use her garden plots. I only tilled one though and hope to plant it soon.

We have been doing some "summer" school--Spanish, physics, biology, and world geography. We had the first test in Spanish, and I had to tell Aaron he was "sick" because he scored better than I did even though I do all the work. I never was good (and still am not) at learning. I like to tease that I got by with school because of my good looks. We are also going to be doing some "formal" music lessons for the summer with some of the kids.

Thursday evening we had our first evening of track so some of the kids ran the 400-meter, the 200-meter, and the 100-meter. We then went to the pool afterwards.

No comments: